Sure Call Fusion5 User Guide
11. SureCall | 48346 Milmont Dirve, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE USE, you MUST REGISTER THIS DEVICE with your wireless provider and have your provider’s consent. Most wireless providers consent to the use of signal boosters. Some providers may not consent to the use of this device on their network. If you are unsure, contact your provider. You MUST operate this device with approved antennas and cables as speci fied by the manufacturer. Antennas MUST be installed at least 20 cm (8 inches) from any person. You MUST cease operating this device immediately if requested by the FCC or a licensed wireless service provider. WARNING . E911 location information may not be provided or may be inaccurate for calls served by using this device. This is a CONSUMER device. Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interf erence to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: • Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. • Increase the separation between the equipment and recei ver. • Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. • Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help. FCC 27.50(d)(4) Statement: Fixed, mobile and portable (hand-held) stations operating in the 1720-1755 MHz band are limited 1 Watt EIRP. Fixed stations operating in this band are limited to a maximum antenna height of 10 meters above ground. Mobile and portable stations operating in this band must employ a means for limiting power to the minimum necessary for successful communications. SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | email@example.com
10. Three-Year Product Warranty SureCall warrants its products for three years from the date of purchase against defects in workmanship and/or materials. Specifica - tions are subject to change. The three-year warranty only applies to products meeting the latest FCC Certification Guidelines stated on 2/20/2013 and going into effect April 30, 2014. A two-year wa rranty applies to any products manufactured before May 1, 2014. Products returned by customers must be in their original, un-modified condition, shipped in the original or protective packaging with proof-of-purchase documentation enclosed, and a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number printed clearly on the outside of the shipping container. Buyers may obtain an RMA number for warranty returns by calling the SureCall Return Department toll-free at 1-888-365- 6283. Any returns received by SureCall without an RMA number clearly printed on the outside of the shipping container will be returned to sender. In order to receive full credit for signal boosters, all accessories originally included in the signal booster box must be returned with the signal booster. (The Buyer does not need to include accessories sold in addition to the signal booster, such as antennas or cables.) This warranty does not apply to any product determined by SureCall to have been subjected to misuse, abuse, neglect, or mishandling that alters or damages the product’s physical or electronic properties. SureCall warrants to the Buyer that each of its products, when shipped, will be free from defects in material and workman - ship, and will perform in full accordance with applicable specifications. The limit of liability under this warranty is, at SureCall’s option, to repair or replace any product or part thereof which was purchased up to THREE YEARS after May 1, 2014 or TWO YEARS for products purchased before May 1, 2014, as determined by examination by SureCall, prove defective in material and/or workmanship. Warranty returns must first be authorized in writing by SureCall. Disassembly of any SureCall product by anyone other than an authorized representative of SureCall voids this warranty in its entirety. SureCall reserves the right to make changes in any of its products without incurring any obligation to make the same changes on previously delivered products. As a condition to the warranties provided for herein, the Buyer will prepay the shipping charges for all products returned to SureCall for repair, and SureCall will pay the return shipping with the exception of products returned from outside the United States, in which case the Buyer will pay the shipping charges. The Buyer will pay the cost of inspecting and testing any goods r eturned under the warranty or otherwise, which are found to meet the applicable specifications or which are not defective or not covered by this warranty. Products sold by SureCall shall not be considered defective or non-conforming to the Buyer’s order if they satisfac torily fulfill the performance requirements that were published in the product specification literature, or in accordance with samples provided by SureCall. This warranty shall not apply to any products or parts thereof which have been subject to accident, negligence, alteration, abuse, or misuse. SureCall makes no warranty whatsoever in respect to accessories or parts not supplied by it. Limitations of Warranty, Damages and Liability: EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, GUARANTEES, OR REPRE - SENTATIONS AS TO MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OTHER WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, GUARANTEES, OR REPRESENTATIONS, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN LAW OR IN FACT, ORAL OR IN WRITING. SURECALL AGGREGATE LIABILITY IN DAMAGES OR OTHERWISE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PAYMENT, IF ANY, RECEIVED BY CELLPHONE-MATE, INC. FOR THE UNIT OF PRODUCT OR SERVICE FURNISHED OR TO BE FURNISHED, AS THE CASE MAY BE, WHICH IS THE SUBJECT OF CLAIM OR DISPUTE. IN NO EVENT SHALL SURECALL BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED. All matters regarding this warranty shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California, and any controversy that cannot be settled directly shall be settled by arbitration in California in accordance with the rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Associa - tion, and judgment upon the award rendered may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. If one or more provisions provided herein are held to be invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, then such provision shall be ineffective and excluded to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without affecting in any way the remaining provisions hereof. SAFETY INFORMATION This is a CONSUMER device. BEFORE USE, you MUST REGISTER THIS DEVICE with your wireless provider and have your provider’s consent. Most wireless providers consent to the use of signal boosters. Some providers may not consent to the use of this device on their network. If you are unsure, contact your provider. You MUST operate this device with approved antennas and cables as specified by the manufacturer. Antennas MUST be installed at least 20 cm (8 inches) from any person. You MUST cease operating this device immediately if requested by the FCC or a licensed wireless service provider. WARNING: E911 location information may not be provided or may be inaccurate for calls served BY USING THIS DEVICE. 48346 Milmont Drive Fremont, California 94538 USA 888.365.6283 Fax: 510.996.7250 www.surecall.com SureCall has made a good faith effort to ensure the accuracy of the information in this document and disclaims the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and makes no express warranties, except as may be stated in its written agreement with and for its customers.SureCall shall not be held liable to anyone for any indirect, special or consequential damages due to omissions or errors. The information and specifications in this document are subject to change without notice. © 2014. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | firstname.lastname@example.org 19 18 Warranty Warranty SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | email@example.com
7. SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | firstname.lastname@example.org 13 12 Installing Your Hardware Step 4. Install the Signal Booster 1. Select a location close to a working AC outlet. Do not expose the signal booster to excessive heat, direct sunlight, moisture, and airtight enclosures. 2. If you’d like to mount the booster to a wall, mark location of scr ew tabs on the wall in the desired location 3. Use supplied screws or appropriate screws for surface of mounting location and drill through screw tab holes on booster. 4. Connect the outside antenna cable to the signal booster connector marked OUTSIDE . Hand-tighten the connection. 5. Connect the inside antenna cable to the signal booster connector marked INSIDE. Hand-tighten the connection. 6. Connect the AC power cord to the signal booster. 7. Connect the plug on the other end of the 110V AC power outlet. 8. Turn the booster’s power switch on. Installing your Hardware Booster Hardware The following image shows the key hardware components on the cellullar booster. Refer to this image as you install your Fusion5 kit components. The signal booster turns on automatically. Note: If the Power LED does not turn ON or the Alert LEDs continue to flash, (see PAGES 15-16).This booster is rated for 5-20V input voltage. DO NOT use the booster with a higher voltage power supply. This can damage the booster, cause personal injury, and void your warranty Power LE D N connector to outside antenn a N connector to inside antenn a Alert LE D Programmer Power Switch 5 6 4 PCS 1900 Uplink AWS 2100 Uplink Power OFF = normal operation. ON = AWS uplink warning. Power off booster immediately . Green ON or blink = booster receiving power. OFF = booster not receiving power Red ON = oscillation has occurred for longer than 15 minutes and the booster is shuttin down OFF = normal operation. ON = PCS downlink warning. Power off booster immediately. LED 1 2 3 LTE 707 Uplink LTE 781 Uplink Cellular 800 Uplink OFF = normal operation. ON = LTE AT&T uplink warning. Power off booster immediately. OFF = normal operation. ON = LTE Verizon uplink warning. Power off booster immediately. OFF = normal operation. ON = Cellular uplink warning. Power off booster immediately. Designation Description SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | email@example.com
5. SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | firstname.lastname@example.org 9 8 Installing Your Hardware Step 2. Install the Outside Antenna 1. Outside omni antennas receive and send signals in a 360º radius. Yagi, or directional antennas work best when facing the direction of cellular phone towers. Mount the outside antenna as high as possible. If you are installing a Yagi antenna set it up facing the cellular tower in the area where you located the best signal source (see step 1 on the previous page). 2. Make sure that the mounting area has at least a 12-inch radius clear of obstructions and other radiating elements. 3. If the mounting area is prone to weak cellular signals or if the density of the roof and ceiling partially block the signal, the booster will operate at its default setting of 65 dB gain, be sure to place the outside antenna at least 75 feet from the inside antenna for best performance. 4. Do not collocate antennas or operate the outside antenna with any other antenna or signal booster. 5. Run the SC-400 cable from the outside antenna to the signal booster. Hand tighten the connection IMPORTANT : For boosters enhancing T-Mobile’s AWS frequencies, the FCC has stated for consumer signal boosters operating as a fixed station in the 1710 - 1755 MHz uplink 2110 - 2155 downlink band s, the users or installation manual must contain the 30 foot height restriction requirements per FCC 27.50(d)(4). Optional 1- Outside Omni Optional 2 - Outside Yagi Fusion5 Fusion5’s omni antennas come with equipment for mounting on a vertical wall. For best results the antenna should be mounted in an upright position. Step 1: Unscrew antenna from L-mounting bracket on antenna base with hands, or wrench, if needed. Step 2: Using vertical plate of bracket, mark position of desired placement with pencil or marker. Step 3: Unscrew nut on end of stucco screw and remove it along with lock washer and regular washer. Step 4: Place vertical plate into desired location and tap the screws head first, along with sleeve, into stucco 1⁄2” to 5/8” deep into place. Step 5: In this order, place washer, lock washer and nut on each screw and tighten until secure. When tightening screw, sleeve will expand to secure plate. Screw antenna securely back onto horizontal plate. Installing Your Hardware Note: If desired surface for installation plate is wood or concrete, wood or masonry screws for L-plate will have to be purchased separately. SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | email@example.com
8. SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | firstname.lastname@example.org 15 14 Step 5. Configure Gain Settings 1. Find the PCS, Cellular, and LTE/AWS dials on top of the signal booter. 2. Set the dials according to the coverage area and the distance between the indoor and outdoor antennas (see next page) If you Want to Improve Coverage 1. Find a location that receives a stronger signal and relocate the outside antenna to that location. 2. Increase the distance between the outside and inside antennas. 3. Be sure your signal booster’s dB gain is turned up to maximum gain on each dial. Installing Your Hardware Note: As you can see from the table above, acquiring the recommended indoor and outdoor antenna separation optimizes coverage significantly. Any reduced antenna separation reduces the booster’s cellular signal capabilities. Alert LTE-A dB Gain dB Gain dB Gain dB Gain dB Gain OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF 39 39 40 47 46 44 44 45 52 51 49 49 50 57 56 54 54 55 62 61 59 59 60 67 66 64 64 65 72 71 Alert LTE-V Alert CELLULAR Alert PCS Alert AWS If Coverage Area is ... 3000 - 6000 square feet 60 - 80 feet 50 - 75 feet 40 - 60 feet 35 - 50 feet 30 - 35 feet 2000 - 4000 square feet 1500 - 2000 square feet 1000 -1500 square feet 1000 square feet and below And Antenna Separation is ... Set All Dial to ... 65 (default setting) 60 60 60 60 Troubleshooting In the event you encounter a problem, follow the suggestions below to resolve the issue. WARNING: Do not adjust the uplink and downlink dB attenuation settings m ore than 20dB. This could cause the booster to shut down SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | email@example.com One of the red LEDs next to the dials on your signal booster is flashing red. Your signal booster restarted and shut down for 15 minutes, and is now shut down permanently. The red LED goes ON. The Power LED does not turn ON Turn down the dB gain on the dial until the light goes OFF or turns yellow. Be sure the inside panel antenna is facing away from the outside antenna. Use the recommended antenna separation: 72dB: 100-110 ft. separation 65dB: 75-80 ft. separation 55dB: 60 ft. separation 50dB: 50 ft. separation 45dB: 15-20 ft. separation 40dB: 5-6 ft. separation Signal booster has no power After installing your signal booster system, you have no signal or reception. Verify that the booster switch is turned on. Connect the power supply to an alternate power source. Be sure the AC outlet is working and is not controlled by a wall switch that can cut power to the outlet. If the green POWER LED on the signal booster is OFF, return the power supply to SureCall. Contact tech support at 1-888- 365-6283 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to www.surecall.com and log on to online support to receive a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). Check the strength of the outside signal as close as you can to the outside antenna. (see instructions on page 7) Double-check all signal booster and antenna cable connections. Be sure your signal booster’s dB gain is turned up to full power on each dial. (see apge 14 Each SureCall signal booster is equipped with Auto Shutdown to prevent cell tower interference. The outside antenna may be close to a cell tower. Move the outside antenna to a location that provides sufficient distance from the cell tower to prevent the signal booster from automatically enabling Auto Shutdown. Once away from the original location, perform the procedure under step 3 on page 10 More antenna separation is needed. If you cannot provide more antenna separation and the Alert LEDs flash after the initial ac tivation period, lower the dial above the blinking LED by 5dB (for examp le, from 50 to 45) and monitor the bars on your cell phone to see whether reception improves. Be sure the AC outlet is working and is not controlled by a wall switch that can cut power to the outlet. Problem Resolution LED flashing yellow This means that the Automatic Gain Control (AGC) is adjusting which is part of the boosters normal operation
9. SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | email@example.com 17 16 Specifications Product Name Fusion5 Uplink Frequency Range (MHz): 698-716 / 776 – 787 / 824-849 1850-1910/ 1710-1755 728-746 / 746 – 757 / 869-894 1930-1990 / 2110-2155 50 Ω 72dB 8 dB ≤2.0 CDMA, WCDMA, GSM, EDGE, HSPA+, EVDO, LTE and all cellular standards Input AC110V, 60 Hz; Output DC 5-20V 1 Watt EIRP SC-400 N Female (both ends ) <50W 10” x 9” x 2.25” 9.5 lbs RSNFUSION-5 Downlink Frequency Range (MHz): Supported Standards: AC Input: VSWR: Maximum Gain: Noise Figure: Input Impedance: Maximum Output Power: Cable: RF Connectors: Power Consumption: Dimensions: Operation Temperature: -4ºF to +158ºF Weight: FCC (USA): Kitting Information SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | firstname.lastname@example.org Your signal booster has no power. Verify that the switch on the power supply is turned on and red LED is ON. Connect the power supply to an alternate power source. Be sure the power source is not controlled by a switch that can remove power from the outlet. Check the green POWER LED on the signal booster. If it is OFF, return the power supply to SureCall. Contact tech support at 1-888-365-6283 or email@example.com , or go to www.surecall.com and log on to online support to receive an RMA. The Alert LEDs flash after the initial activation period. The Alert LEDs continue to flash Lower the dial above the blinking LED by 5dB (for example, from 65 to 60) and monitor the bars on your cell phone to see whethe r reception has improved. The singal booster shuts down automatically, and then restarts after 60 seconds. Turn down the PCS, Cellular or LTE/AWS dial that is oscillating dial that is to prevent the signal booster from shutting down autimatically. Problem Resolution Kitting Information Component Outside Antennas* *All equivalent antennas and cables are suitable for use with the Fusion5 booster. SC-288W 3 dBi 3 dBi 7.5 dBi 4 dBi 4 dBi 8 dBi 8 dBi SC-230W-S SC-230W (Option) 7.5 dBi 10 dBi 11 dBi 11 dBi SC-400-75NN (75 Feet) 10 dBi –4.41dB –6.17dB –6.54 dB SC-248W -4.22dB 7 dBi 10 dBi 10 dBi SC-222W 7 dBi 3 dBi 3 dBi 6 dBi 6 dBi –2.05dB SC-400-30NN (30 Feet) –2.12 dB –2.83 dB –2.98 dB Outside Cable Inside Antenna* Inside Cable Gain / Loss LTE-A (Verizon & ATT) 700 Mhz AWS ( T- Mobile) 1700 \ 2100 MHz Cellular 800 MHz PCS 1900 MHz Product Number Description Description Note: Due to the recent change of our company name from Cellphone-Mate (CM) to SureCall (SC) we have changed the prefix on all of our antennas, cables and accessories from CM to SC-.
3. SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | firstname.lastname@example.org 5 4 Package Contents 1. Unpack all package contents. For missing or damaged items, contact your r eseller. 2. Turn over the signal booster and record the model and serial number for reference: Serial #: Purchase Date: 3. Keep the carton and packing material to store the product in case you need to return it. Standard Fusion5 signal booster packages include the following items: • One SureCall Fusion5 booster • One outside antenna • Cable for connecting the outside antenna to the signal booster • One inside antenna • Cable for connecting the inside antenna to the signal booster • One power supply Warning: Unauthorized antennas, cables, and/or coupling devices are prohibited by FCC new rules. Please contact the FCC for details: 1-888-CALL- FCC. Changes or modifications not expressly approved by SureCall could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. Signal Booster CM288W Omni CM230 W- S Y agi CM222W Dome CM248W Panel Outside Antenna (Option) Inside Antenna (Option) SC-400 Cables Fusion5 Omni Yagi Dome Panel Note: Fusion5 is available in four kits that are customized to your particular needs. Please determine which kit you have from the following list: Package Contents Model Antenna Type SC-POLYH/O-72-OD-Kit Omni Outdoor Antenna SC-POLYH/O-72-YD-Kit Yagi Outdoor Antenna SC-POLY/O-72-OP-Kit Dome Antenna SC-POLY/O-72-YP-Kit Panel Antenna Package Options Model No. Usage Coverage 1 Outdoor Omni antenna, 1 interior dome antenna, 30’ and 75’ SC-400 coax cables SC-288W 1 Outdoor Yagi antenna, 1 interior dome antenna, 30’ and 75’ SC-400 coax cables SC-230W-S 1 Outdoor Omni antenna with 1 interior panel antenna, 30’ and 75’ SC-400 coax cables SC-222W 1 Outdoor Yagi antenna with 1 interior panel antenna, 30’ and 75’ SC-400 coax cables For a detailed description, see Kitting Information on page 21. SC-248W Omni antennas are ideal for topographies with minimal obstacles, they have 360º reception Dome antennas are designed for central locations with 360º coverage Yagi antennas are designed to reach carrier towers that are up to 30 miles away Panel Antennas allow optimum reception to targeted areas SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | email@example.com Note: Due to the recent change of our company name from Cellphone-Mate (CM) to SureCall (SC) we have changed the prefix on all of our antennas, cables and accessories from CM to SC-.
6. SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | firstname.lastname@example.org 11 10 1. If your indoor antenna is a dome type, mount it on the ceiling in a central location. 2. If your indoor antenna is a flat panel, install it against a wall or surface pr ojecting the area where you want reception. Point the antenna away from the outside antenna. To avoid interference stay a minimum distance of 3 feet from the panel antenna. 3. Run the SC-400 cable from the inside antenna to the signal booster. Connect the inside antenna to the booster connector marked INSIDE (see page 13 4. Hand tighten the connection. Step 3. Install the Inside Antenna Inside antennas come in omni-directional (dome) and flat panel versions. Installing Your Hardware Note: As you can see from the table above, acquiring the recommended inside and outside antenna separation optimizes coverage significantly. Any reduced antenna separation reduces the booster’s coverage. Note: see next page for outside antenna installation details. Required Between Outside and Inside Antenna Antenna Separation T abl e antenna separation 40dB 5-6’ 45dB 15-20’ 50dB 50’ 55dB 60’ 65dB 75-80’ 72dB 100’-110’ Amplifier gain Min. separation (ad) Fusion5 Optional 1- Inside Dome Optional 2 - Inside Panel Installing Your Hardware Step 3: Attach the N-Female connection from the interior antenna to the cable leading to the connector labeled INSIDE, on your booster. Step 4: Tighten fixing nut to secure antenna (do not over-tighten). • Storage and transportation: Store and place in non-extreme room-temperature and dry environment • Attention: This antenna should not be used near open fire or flame The SC-222W multi-band plastic antenna is an omni-directional interior antenna that gathers signals from all sides. Range of antenna is dependent on three factors: 1) physical obstructions, 2) power generated by booster and 3) r eception from outside signal received and distributed by outside antenna. Besides the antenna itself, parts include mounting equipment for either a flat horizontal surface or a wall. It should be mounted in an upright position for best results. You can also install your interior antenna above the ceiling panel provided your ceiling isn’t made of a material that could obstruct signals from the booster. Step 1: Drill a 35mm diameter hole in the ceiling. The ceiling thickness should be 20mm, maximum. Step 2: Unscrew fixing nut from antenna. Place antenna cable through hole. Screw the fixing nut back onto antenna and cable on crawl space side of ceiling and fasten. SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | email@example.com
2. Coaxial Cable Signal Booster Inside Antenna Outside Antenna Table of Contents How It Works Pg. 3 Package Contents Pg. 4-5 Installation Overview Pg. 6 Installing Your Hardware Finding the Strongest Signal Pg. 7 Installing the Outside Anntenna Pg. 8-9 Installing the Insides Anntenna Pg. 10-11 Installing Signal Booster Pg. 12-13 Configure Gain Setting Pg. 14 Troubleshooting Pg. 15-16 Specification Pg. 16 Kitting Information Pg. 17 Warranty Pg. 18-19 Safety Information Pg. 19 SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | firstname.lastname@example.org 3 2 Thank you for purchasing SureCall’s Fusion5 cellular signal booster kit. Fusion5 was specifically designed to eliminate frustrations over dropped calls, limited range and slow data rates by amplifying incoming and outgoing cellular signals in buildings, homes and offices up to 6,000 square feet. The Fusion5 provides enhanced cellular signals for multi-carrier 2G, 3G and 4G voice and data reception If you have any questions while assembling this kit please contact tech support at 1-888-365-6283 or email us at: email@example.com. How It Works SureCall’s Fusion5 is a high-quality bidirectional signal booster that enhances cellular signals to areas that are prone to weak cellular coverage. Fusion5 works with two antennas: • An inside antenna that communicates with your cell phone. • An outside antenna that communicates with the cell tower. Signals sent from a cell tower are received by the outside antenna, amplified by the booster and then sent to your phone via the inside antenna. When your phone transmits, the signal is sent to the inside antenna, and then sent to the cell tower via the outside antenna. SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | firstname.lastname@example.org
4. SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | email@example.com 7 6 Step 1. Make sure you have positioned the booster close enough to an existing electrical outlet. Step 2. Make sure you have sufficient cable length between proposed outside antenna location and booster connector. Step 3 Make sure you have sufficient cable length between proposed inside antenna location and booster connector. Additional cable may be purchased from your dealer, if needed. Installation Overview Step 1. Find the outside area that has the strongest signal. (See page 7 for directions as needed) Step 2. Install the outside antenna in the area identified in step 1. (See page 8-9 for directions as needed) Step 3. Install the inside antenna. (See page 10-11 for directions as needed) Step 4. Mount the signal booster, connect the outside and inside antenna cables to the signal booster, and connect the booster to an AC power source. ( See page 12-13 for directions if needed) Step 5. Configure gain settings on the signal booster if needed. (See page 14 for directions as needed) FCC 27.50(d)(4) Statement: Fixed, mobile and portable (hand-held) stations operating in the 1720-1755 MHz band are limited 1 Watt EIRP. Fixed stations operating in this band are limited to a maximum antenna height of 10 meters above ground. Mobile and portable stations operating in this band must employ a means for limiting power to the minimum necessary for successful communications. Before You Install Installing Your Hardware Step 1. Find the area with the Strongest Signal The signal booster requires a minimum cellular signal of low –100 dBm. Signal readings usually appear as a negative number (for example, -85). The more bars you get, the closer the dB gets to zero. Aim for a signal close to -50dB. Signals stronger than -50dB may cause the booster to shut down (see the graph below). If yo u have an omni outside antenna and your signal is too weak you may need a yagi antenna , which can be aimed at the closest antenna tower. Before installing the outside antenna, find the area with the strongest cellular signal source from your service provider by following the directions below. You can also go to www.antennasearch.com to find the general location of carrier towers. Measure the strength of the existing cellular signal in various locations. • Apple iPhones: Dial *3001#12345#* and press Call. In the top-left corner, a dB number appears instead of bars. • Android devices: download apps such as “Network Signal Info” in the Google Play store to measure signal strength. Search check real signal strength to find other cell signal measurement apps. • Internet: go to www.speedtest.net to test 3G and 4G data rates. 2. Select a location away from buildings, walls, trees, hills, and other terrain features that can block or reflect wireless signals (12-inch clear radius is recommended). Note: Where you install your outside antenna in relation to the carrier’s cell phone tower also determines signal strength. Although cell phone carriers try to place towers for maximum coverage, local ordinances and terrain features can restrict tower locations, which can limit signal strength at your location. Cell T ower Outside Antenna Signal St r ength -50dB -60dB -70dB -80dB -90dB -100dB -110dB Excellent Good Poor Coaxial Cable Signal Booster Inside Antenna Outside Antenna SureCall | 48346 Milmont Drive, Fremont CA 94538 | 1-888-365-6283 | firstname.lastname@example.org
1. ™ 3G - 4G Home or Office Five-Band Signal Booster Kit User Guide Fusion 5
- 4578 Total Views
- 3224 Website Views
- 1354 Embedded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 37 www.dcitech.com
- 4 dcitech.odoo.com
- 6 dcitech.com
CradlePoint IBR650 Manual8637 Views .
airOS 7 User Manual7140 Views .
Viper SC User Manual6893 Views .
CradlePoint MBR1400 Manual5785 Views .
EZwarePlus Programming Manual5731 Views .
i-TRiLOGI Tutorial - Getting Started5454 Views .
Integra-TR Quickstart Guide5393 Views .
Cradlepoint AER1600 User Manual5117 Views .
Cradlepoint AER1600 Quick Start Guide4940 Views .
ASCII Character Table4795 Views .
Nano-10 User Manual4593 Views .
Aprisa SR+ Datasheet4411 Views .
EZWare-5000 Programming Manual4392 Views .
Aprisa SR+ Migration Master Station Datasheet4293 Views .
i-TRiLOGI Programmer Reference Manual3969 Views .
EZwire1616 User Manual3726 Views .
Fx1616 User Manual3705 Views .
i-TRiLOGI Help Manual3691 Views .
Phantom II Manual3645 Views .
LCD216 User Manual3576 Views .